Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM (Hybrid work schedule 2 days a week work-from-home)
The Company wants to hire an experienced Customer Account Manager to manage all commercial activities with assigned aftermarket customers while working cross functionally to manage Crane Aerospace risk and liability on both sustaining and development programs.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in complete customer management throughout the product lifecycle, development of commercial/TINA proposals. This person has worked with a team to develop/execute customer growth strategies, nurturing and strengthening critical customer relationships throughout all organizational levels.
Candidates residing outside of the geographic requirements are still encouraged to apply. Crane Aerospace & Electronics provides relocation assistance for their employees.
As a Customer Account Manager, you will:
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Instruction System (AGIS) business processes and drive common processes/procedures utilizing standard work and lean office tools.
- Engage in the successful negotiation of major business agreements (Long Term Agreements), resolving contractual disputes, executing pricing agreements, and implementing/flowing down contract changes.
- Provide contract requirements flow-down, ensuring that contract requirements are known and communicated to the appropriate functional groups; monitors contract performance to assure compliance.
- Forecast sales rates and determines anticipated demand; coordinate with the demand management to understand specific customer or market segment requirements and align demands with Annual Operation Planning.
- Maintain responsibility for tracking and recovering all customer claims; facilitate efficient communication and effectively mediates customer disputes.
- Contribute positively as a cross-functional team member across all company businesses (“Solutions”), business development, engineering, program management and finance to develop/execute acceptable business cases and winning strategies for new business.
- Act effectively as a customer champion and advocate; understand and communicate current and future customer needs and expectations; establish/maintain strong relationships at all levels within the customer organization and throughout the company.
- Identify requirements/expectations to increase sales and maintain/enhance the company’s reputation.
- Review, comprehend and be able to communicate government regulatory requirements (FARS/DFARS/NAVSUP, etc).
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management/administration or relevant field of study (MBA is preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in customer business management, program management, sales and marketing or strategic partnering in an aerospace environment
- Strong understanding of the Aerospace & Defense industry, Government Defense programs and contracting
- Strong understanding of earned value management, estimate to complete, and estimate at completion processes
- Strong analytical skills and disciplines in support of business planning, strategy development and deployment, customer relationship management and conflict resolution.
- Successful history in identifying, targeting, negotiating and winning profitable business
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, complex aerospace proposals and contracts
- Ability to manage complex programs and projects to win-win, foster positive customer/internal relationships to resolve difficult issues, and regularly multi-task fluctuating priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to coordinate the activities of various internal company stakeholders to ensure:
- customer proposals are compliant and compelling and business cases are profitable
- programs are executed on-budget and schedule
- root cause analysis and corrective actions are implemented to address quality and delivery issues
- customer responsiveness is timely, courteous, and fair
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including the ability to formulate, manipulate, and analyze data within Excel to aid in the development of solid business decisions
- Strong aptitude in both PowerPoint and Word applications to develop executive-level communications
- Talent to effectively and accurately communicate throughout all customer and Crane organizational levels
- Capable of fostering a positive and teaming work environment when faced with difficult challenges and timelines
- Prior experience working with Department of the Air Force, US Navy and Defense Logistics Agency
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working alone as well as within a team
- Ability to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
This is a full-time (40 hours per week). This is a hybrid role that will be open to candidates local to the Elyria, OH, Burbank, CA and Lynwood, WA areas. Candidates residing outside of the geographic requirements are still encouraged to apply. Crane Aerospace & Electronics provides relocation assistance for their employees.
The company values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ Corp-to-corp.