Location East Liberty, OH Expected pay rate $32.00 per hour Assignment length Contract Job description Our company is helping an on-demand, autonomous ride-hailing company hire a Level 5 Vehicle Operator to test and validate the hardware and software deployed on the company’s autonomous vehicle, which will go into production in the very near future. In this role, you’ll operate the L5 vehicle, supporting vehicle readiness, complete software and hardware tests, and, when needed, represent the company as an ambassador to the public—all while upholding the highest safety standards. You’ll also assist and interact with multiple teams across the company, including computer vision, infrastructure, sound design, strategy, vehicle engineering, and ride operations. Working at the company will give you the opportunity to learn the Level 5 autonomous platform and how the system works as a whole. You will have a front row seat to the operational complexities of realizing autonomous mobility, while being a key component of contributing to the future of the company and the industry as a whole. We’re looking for operators who are disciplined, team players, and believe in doing whatever it takes to accomplish the mission. They should be motivated and driven individuals, with excellent problem solving and communication skills. You’ll be responsible for software deployment, vehicle preparation, test execution, and troubleshooting issues before, during, and after testing. Operations will include data acquisition and annotation, ensuring test equipment readiness, and setting up the tests as directed by the test coordinator. Hours: Day: 6:15am-2:45pm Night: 2:30pm-11:00pm Days: Sunday-Thursday Tuesday-Saturday As a Level 5 Vehicle Operator, you will: Operate and complete test missions on the L5 autonomous vehicle platform. Maintain a high level of safety awareness at all times, providing input to improve processes. Support the Software team in the execution of key software operation tasks. Support missions through a wide variety of roles, in and out of vehicles. Assist with documentation and metrics capture. Provide accurate written and oral feedback to engineering teams. Support the Mission Readiness team with basic vehicle preventative maintenance checks, services, and repairs. Provide logistical support for the movement and storage of vehicles and equipment. Benefits: Employer Subsidized healthcare benefits Flexible Spending Account for healthcare-related costs Covered costs for short and long-term disability and life insurance 401k package Pre-tax commuter benefits Requirements Experience working with and troubleshooting complex technical systems Excellent driving history and no criminal history Must have a driver’s license and means of transportation to and from test sites Flexibility for day, night, and/or weekend work, with as much advance notice as possible Excellent written, verbal communication skills and attention to detail Proactive mindset and resourcefulness Strong analytical and problem solving skills Must be able to maintain composure and handle frequent changes or unexpected disruptions Proven track record of working with little supervision, solving problems, and meeting deadlines Preferred qualifications: Experience working in a Linux environment Degree in a technical discipline (e.g. Engineering, IT, or any STEM field) Previous experience in AV, in the automotive or aviation industry Previous military experience Commitment: This is a full-time, ongoing contract position. It is open to candidates who can commute to East Liberty, OH. _Our company values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ Corp-to-corp. _ Job Types: Full-time, Contract Salary: $32.00 per hour Benefits: 401(k) Disability insurance Health insurance Life insurance Schedule: Day shift Evening shift Ability to commute/relocate: East Liberty, OH: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required) License/Certification: Driver’s License (Required)
Location Las Vegas, NV Expected pay rate $25.00 per hour Schedule Multiple schedules, including swing shifts and weekends Assignment length Contract Job description Our company is helping an on-demand, autonomous ride-hailing company find a Level 3 Vehicle Operator to be at the forefront of turning the company’s vision into reality. In this role, you’ll always ensure safety, maintain vehicle readiness, complete software and hardware tests, and represent our client’s brand as an ambassador to the public. You’ll also assist and interact with multiple teams across the company, from computer vision, infrastructure, and sound design to strategy, vehicle engineering, and ride operations. We’re looking for operators who are disciplined, team players, and believe in doing whatever it takes to accomplish the mission. Working as a VO will give you the opportunity to learn vehicle and personnel operations. You’ll have a front-row seat to the operational complexities of realizing autonomous mobility and the chance to contribute to the future. We are currently hiring for multiple schedules, with bonus pay for weekend and night shifts (i.e. the weekend day shift offers an added 5% per hour and weekend night shift offers an added 10% per hour). Hours: 7:45am-4:15pm 3:45pm-12:15am Days: Wednesday-Sunday Thursday-Monday Friday-Tuesday Saturday-Wednesday As a Level 3 Vehicle Operator, you will: Support vehicle operations. Drive 4-8 hours a day with a priority on safety. Conduct basic software operation tasks. Support missions through a wide variety of roles in and out of vehicles. Assist with documentation and metrics. Provide accurate written and oral feedback to engineering teams. Support vehicle maintenance and logistics. Conduct daily basic vehicle preventative maintenance checks, services, and repairs. Provide logistical support for the movement and storage of vehicles and equipment. Ensure the readiness and cleanliness of vehicles, equipment, and the workplace. Assist with paperwork and documentation related to vehicle readiness. Requirements Basic vehicle knowledge to perform vehicle checks, ability to drive for long duration (6 hours in the car per day) Basic technology ability Excellent written and verbal communication skills Excellent driving history and no criminal history Proactive mindset and resourcefulness Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical experience is a plus Military experience is a plus Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), ongoing contract position. It will be open to candidates local to the Las Vegas, NV area. _Our company values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp. _ Job Types: Full-time, Contract Salary: $25.00 per hour Benefits: 401(k) Disability insurance Health insurance Life insurance Schedule: Day shift Evening shift Ability to commute/relocate: Las Vegas, NV: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required) License/Certification: Driver’s License (Required) Work Location: One location
35-40 hours per week (8-12 hour shifts available), with shifts starting as early as 3am
- Ensure operation of class 3-6 (less than 26,001 lbs. GVWR, with or without air brakes) delivery vehicles, in both autonomous and manual modes, always keeping other drivers, the public, other members of the operating team, and the vehicle safe.
- Manually drive the vehicles before moving toward autonomous operations.
- Act as an ambassador for the company, their technology and staff, and the clients.
- Ensure vehicles arrive at pick-up and drop-off locations on time and that the integrity of goods is retained on each journey.
- Load and unload vehicles using pallet jacks (training provided).
- Act as an ambassador for the company, their technology and staff, and the clients.
- Use Slack to update the Dispatch team on the status of each step of your shift/route.
- Record and/or review data via spreadsheets and other business-related applications.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and adopt new operating procedures when required.
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed, including truck delivery to new locations, testing and/or installing new equipment and other initiatives or pilots.
- Maintain vehicles and ensure they remain clean and presentable to the public.
- Check the vehicle to ensure it is in proper and safe working order every day, and if not, notify the team for repair. (e.g., monitoring fluid levels, checking tire pressure and hose connections).
- As required, collaborate with both software and hardware engineers and other members of the operations team to follow collection and drop-off procedures on each journey.
- Provide feedback to Operations and Engineering teams on vehicle processes and performance.
- Comprehensive supplemental benefits including supplemental medical, dental, vision, hospital, drug coverage, and life insurance
- Paid breaks and monthly lunch cards
- Plus, Perks!
- A valid Canadian DZ (commercial) driver’s license with at least 5 years’ driving experience, and a clean driving record
- Clean background check, drug screen and Motor Vehicle Record check
- 5+ years of relevant driving experience preferred, including the ability to operate straight trucks with up to 26’ long bodies (boxes) and up to and above 35’ total vehicle length
- Customer relationship management experience
- Must be willing to work flexible hours on both weekdays and weekends
- Ability to be meticulous, organized, and proactive
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Good mechanical aptitude and basic mechanical skills
- Basic computer skills including the ability to learn and successfully use applications
- Previous relevant experience is a plus (e.g., auto, technology, engineering, technician, etc.)
Commitment: This is a full-time contract position, based in Toronto, ON. It offers 35-40 hours per week, with multiple 8-12 hour shifts available, starting as early as 3am. Part-time shifts are also available. Compensation is hourly and paid training is provided. An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the initial training.
The company provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant’s race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
Gatik is a rapidly growing team of autonomous (self-driving) vehicle researchers and engineers with domain expertise in artificial intelligence, robotics, and computer vision. Founded by graduates and former researchers from the Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy, we are building new concepts & groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles in Canada and the USA.
We are developing autonomous vehicles (AVs), specifically designed to provide safe, effective, and cost-efficient short-haul, business-to-business logistics solutions to our clients. Our aim is to design and deliver the next generation of autonomous vehicles for commercial logistics in urban, semi-urban, suburban, and rural environments.
We have offices in Toronto, Canada, and Palo Alto, California, and we’re excited to be expanding our operations within the Greater Toronto Area. http://www.gatik.ai/